Sunset Harbour Yacht Club
Dear Members and Marina Occupants:
Firstly, I hope you and your families have been safe and healthy during this unprecedented time for the world in dealing with the Covid-19 virus.
While these times have been challenging for us all, I want to thank you for being understanding of the policies and procedures we have had to put in place to comply with the law and be socially respectful to our fellow club members. For the most part, with a few exceptions, everyone has adhered to the rules we put in place for our collective safety and welfare.
Today, the Mayor of Dade County and The City of Miami Beach have issued orders to re-open all marinas as well as other public spaces subject to new guidelines. I have attached them to this communication for your reference.
As a private club, we take the safety and security of our members very seriously. It is for this reason that the SHYC will institute the following guidelines regarding the use of club facilities until further notice.
- The Marina will be open to all transients.
- All common spaces will remain closed including the pool, members lounge, and gym.
- Bathrooms and Laundry facilities will be open and will be cleaned and disinfected by the staff every two hours.
- Members may have invited guests; 6 people max per boat. Guests shall be escorted to and from the vessel by the member/occupant or crewmember of the vessel.
- The club will be open for equity membership sales. Please have prospects call the marina office to schedule an appointment.
Understanding that things are changing day to day regarding the appropriate handling of club policy regarding the virus, we will be updating our policies and procedures as often necessary to ensure the health and welfare of our membership.
Once again, thank you for your understanding and compliance.
President Sunset Harbour Yacht Club